This is form management today
A multitude of business processes today are connected by the recording and exchange of paper as well as electronic forms. This includes, for example, applications, order forms, and contracts. The predominant number of these processses require a handwritten or digital legal signature. Because the infrastructure for the digital signature is overwhelmingly unavailable especially to consumers, the process ends with classic, printed, paper forms. Today, when a sender’s signature is required for legal reasons, paper is the prevailing medium.
Managing paper forms is cost intensive: manually recording form data consumes time and personnel. In addition, manual recording is prone to error, prompting high costs induced by recognizing, forwarding, returning, correcting, and re-entering tainted information.
icoya® eForms combines the advantages of paper and electronic forms and automates the acquisition of form data. icoya® eForms eliminates mistakes and substantially reduces data acquisition and processing costs.
icoya® eForms brings the future and present together: the
icoya® 2D-Barcode – the bridge from paper to the digital
With the icoya® eForms solution, your company is
able to efficiently and easily build the bridge between paper-based
forms and pure electronic form management.
With icoya® eForms technology, the user’s input is saved in a producer-independent and standardized XML-Format, safely encrypted in a 2 dimensional barcode, and written into the form. This barcode is printed out with the form and, in addition to the given form data, contains the complete structure as well as an optional digital signature which guarantees form data is transmitted without falsification.
With the Date Code, the print-out contains, once again, the complete document including the digital signature in an alteration-proof form. With that, the printed document can, at any time, be transferred back into the digital format without a media break – the bridge from paper to the digital world is built...without having to change existing work processes.
The icoya® eForms Processing Engine: the professional solution tailored to your special requirements!icoya® eForms automates all work processes in which forms are filled out and/or signed.
icoya® eForms meets the requirements of numerous work processes where forms play a role. Typical and frequent examples include internal and external application forms for data acquisition, forms in internal and external release processes, customer forms from banks and insurance companies, as well as public administration forms used by citizens and authorities.
A basic function of icoya® eForms is the central server-sided form administration and management with encompassing form search functions, a rights and role concept, as well as a freely configurable workflow system. Adminsitration and access are entirely browser-based and require no additional software.
As its core functionality, icoya® eForms facilitates the generation and acquisition of form data in 2D-barcodes. In so doing, icoya® eForms combines paper forms requiring handwritten signatures with the ability to further process these documents electronically. For this, icoya® eForms contains components for generating 2D-barcodes from XML data and corresponding scanning- and decoder- software for extracting data from 2D-barcodes. In addition, a legally valid digital signature can be generated and saved in forms and documents, e.g. faxes, by means of a 2D barcode. This signature may also include further information like time stamps, sender, and receiver data.
Through this, signature verification is not only possible electronically but also in the printed out and archived paper document. Additionally, a complete digital reproduction is possible of form-based work processes involving digital signatures. This includes the direct acquisition of XML data over PDF-forms, the transmission of form data to backend systems, and support of digital signatures all the way through.
icoya® eForms automates, for example, the management of order, invoice, and application forms, e.g. for opening accounts or deposits, and offers enormous cost savings compared to manual data entry. Other application areas of icoya® eForms include the creation and processing of application forms in public administrations as well as contracts and orders between companies. Authorities and companies significantly reduce incurred form processing costs, while increasing data quality and legal security in electronic business communications. Time- and personnel-intensive, error-prone work processes for traditional form data acquisition are completely eliminated through the use of icoya® eForms. The complete electronic reproduction of form-related business processes replaces expensive paper forms and time consuming workflows and, thus, results in huge cost savings. icoya® eForms eliminates all costs of printed forms and time-consuming handling processes.
Advantages of icoya® eForms
- Completely automates the acquisition of printed form data.
- Removes error sources of manual data entry.
- Easy digital integration of (printed) forms and form data.
- No software installation necessary.
- The paper-based encoding of data enables the logistic separation of form issuing and form processing parties.
- Future-safe and flexible data storage in XML format.
- Uses world-wide standards. 100% compatibility with Adobe Portable Document format (PDF). Filling-in and saving of form data using the (free) Acrobat Reader.
- Built-in web server and database.
- Supports complex, server-side checking of form data (also with database access)
- Supports law-conforming digital signatures
- Form data can be saved in XML format on the eForms server
- Future-safe and extensible architecture based on open source technology
- Flexible license model and immediate positive ROI
- Future-safe. icoya® eForms is available for a variety of 32
and 64 bit operating systems: Windows 2000/2003, Linux 32/64-Bit
(Red Hat, SuSE, debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu), Solaris 32/64-Bit, MAC
OS X, HP-UX, OS/390, AIX.
- Significant cost reduction of form-based business processes:
- The digital form solution minimizes costs for print and storage of paper-based forms,
- Spares cost-intensive configuration of OCR-software and form adaptation,
- Utmost time savings for data acquisition from printed forms,
- Error-free data acquisition avoids high costs associated
with cleaning-up faulty data sets.
- Protection from misuse and manipulation: Inalterability of forms and form data is ensured through digital signatures.
- Forms printed with icoya® eForms can be recognized at any time for comparison with digital data sets.
icoya® eForms’ flexible license model offers unrivaled return-on-investmenticoya® eForms users immediately reduce processing costs and only pay for optimized transactions – icoya® eForms requires no high initial investment, pleases every budget, and reduces running costs!
icoya® eForms Overview
How it worksicoya® eForms encodes printed form data in 2D barcodes to facilitate the automatic, reliable scanning and processing of that data. Complex, character-oriented and error-prone OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is no longer required for the acquisition of form data. Compared to conventional form scanners, icoya® eForms excels with the very low error rate of less than one error on 100 million scanning processes.
- icoya® eForms can store almost any kind of data sets on paper. Each barcode-symbol can encode several thousand characters of XML data.
- Multiple barcodes per page are supported. The icoya® Scan Processor automatically combines multiple barcodes in one data file.
- PDF-417 barcodes are used on millions of US driver’s licenses. PDF-417 follows the ISO/IEC 15438 standard.
- The DataMatrix Code is highly reliable and especially suited for ink and laser printers. This code is used for identification of billions of goods. DataMatrix follows the ISO/IEC 16022 standard.
- PDF-417 and DataMatrix are fully supported by existing scanning solutions, ICR software, and hand scanners.
icoya® eForms conforms to standardsPDF Compatibility: icoya® eForms processes forms in the standardized Adobe PDF format (Portable Document Fomat). No modification of existing PDF-forms is required. Therefore, no additional effort arises for the generation of forms using icoya® eForms.
Standardized 2D Barcodes: icoya® eForms utilizes the ISO-standard barcodes PDF-417 and DataMatrix. These widely used 2D barcodes are supported by numerous suppliers.
Zope Application Server: The icoya® eForms Server is based on the open source application server Zope. Zope guarantees a high reliability and security. The powerful Zope application server is the choice of thousands of enterprises and government agencies world-wide.
Security and Digital SignatureThe icoya® eForms Server supports digital signing of filled-out electronic forms. Adobe Acrobat Reader allows signature verification in the electronic document. The icoya® Scan Processor reads and verifies the signature in the scanned document. The stored information is protected from revision and forgery through digital signature (1024-, 2048-, 4096-Bit), encryption, and a world-wide unique form serial number.
Utilization of the existing infrastructure
- icoya® eForms can be used with arbitrary PDF forms, the form
layout is unrestricted. No additional effort is required for the
set-up of forms with automated data barcodes, and conventional
forms need not be retailored for icoya® eForms. Online
verification of forms is easily accomplished as well.
- Existing document scanners, hand scanners, ICR software and
document archive systems can be used together with icoya®
- Additional software besides icoya® eForms is not
Fully automated form data acquisitionThe icoya® eForms Scan Processor accomplishes automatic acquisition of form data printed out with icoya® eForms. The eForms Scan Processor decodes the form data stored in the 2D-barcode and can export the data e.g. to text, XML, CVS (Comma Separated Values) or Microsoft Excel. Of course, it is possible to integrate the eForms Scan Processor into existing archiving solutions. Connecting icoya® Scan Processor to backend or ERP systems is also easily achieved. icoya® eForms Scan Processor supports common scanning solutions and all TWAIN-compatible scanners.
The application of icoya® eForms means...the complete integration of online and offline form services as well as database, PDF, digital signature, and barcode processing in a single system.
A Flash video demonstrates an example application of icoya® eForms in the financial sector
DownloadWe offer free evaluation versions of the icoya® eForms Server (fully featured PDF forms server) and the icoya® eForms Scan Processor (scanning 2D-barcode enabled forms and verification of digital signature codes)
BrochureThe icoya® eForms brochure is available online in Flash format or in PDF. You can download the icoya® eForms brochure in PDF format here.
AvailabilityThe icoya® eForms server is available for the operating systems Windows 2000 und 2003 Server, Linux 32/64-Bit (Novell/SuSE, Red Hat, u.a.), Solaris (32/64-Bit), MacOS X, AIX, HP-UX and OS/390.
LicensingThe icoya® eForms server is licensed on a per-server basis. By licensing icoya® eForms Server technology you will give an unlimited number of end-users (the person who fills the form) the opportunity of fill-out and print forms. In addition, once you have licensed the icoya® eForms server, the number of users allowed to use the icoya® eForms server is unlimited, i.e. the number of users who create forms, maintain content and manage access rights is not limited.
PricingFor inquiries about pricing, please contact our Sales Team: phone +49 711 896656 55 , email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact:Make a presentation appointment and experience icoya® eForms and other solutions live in practice. The icoya® solutions suite is presented in detail and its application and benefits custom sketched for your enterprise based on your business processes.
We gladly offer
- an online-presentation with live demo
- individual consulting with presentation
- to send additional information materials and access to the online demo system.
Just contact us. We are always available for you by telephone +49 711 89 66 56-0 or email email@example.com.